CLARION CALL🔊
By Zulyait AHMID
.
Zulyaitahmid@gmail.com
.
If I was told, I'd be giving my own life up for my country. I'd have argued till death.
The same country that betrays us, deceives us, and benefits us. not in the least bit, now requires my life for her protection and preservation.
War was breeding. we had no choice, Although I care less if the country is in Array. I have to protect my family. Now, not by staying with them at home, but by leaving them at home.
clarion calls.
Duties demands that we protect our own land. Men were being killed, cities reek of blood, Houses turned red, doom in sight.
Several once-happy families let go of every able-bodied man. To honor the country's call.
Emergency prevented vigorous trainings. Truly every heart was heavy with fear, but one important thing to succeed is _WILLPOWER_. We were determined to not let our own people fall into the cold hands of death by war.
Brief enlightenment about Arms, and plans were given. My country was wailing daily. Everyone in pains, most of us feared for our lives. I'd never imagined being an armed officer, but here I am in uniform and had to leave my family.
Battalion B, which I was in. was dispatched to the outskirt that borders the western countries. After camping, I couldn't sleep.
I was afraid for my family than I was afraid for myself. I'd do everything to protect them from this side of the world. We took the night shift by turn, Although not skillfully trained, many of us possess determination that could build castles in the air.
Deep in thought, I wandered around not realizing I'd walked very far from our camp. When I felt a strange tinge of suffocating air.
THE ENEMIES ARE HERE!
They were using poisonous gas to attack us. I scrambled and ran back to the camp to warn the army of invasion. Only to discover the direction from which the gas originated. They were at our camp.
I instinctively tied my handkerchief to my nose, luckily it was very thick. I'd wondered the use of such thick handkerchief.
The handkerchief did little to protect my eyes, the whatever on-God's-earth gas they used was blinding. but I wasn't going to suffocate soon.
And then I saw them. several of our men was down, most of them dead. surviving few, struggling to retain their lives.
I wish I could do something to kill all the enemies, who were obviously excited about their undeserving victory.
And then I remembered one important weapon. the Grenades that were kept some feets away from our tents. luckily I have my gun close.
I drew closer to it, while escaping being seen by the unsuspecting men.
And the moment before shooting at the grenades, I thought....
I will die.
They will die.
we'll all DIE here.
I didn't know how long I was out, I woke up with excruciating pains. My body ached from several bruises inflicted by the bomb blast.
I stoop up and staggered back to our camp. And the sight that met me was the worst ever. it was one of roasted MEN.
Everyone was dead.
Everyone except me.
And then, I heard footsteps, tyres screech, Guns cock. I turned around and came to face with armed men in uniform.
But.....
they were our men.
War is over!
I'm home.
My first daughter is gone. Apparently, the war couldn't leave without her.
My beautiful Jane, whom I'd assumed would be the pride of the family, is gone with the war.
In that moment, I found a new mission, A purpose, A new life.
I'll protect my family.
I'll stand up for the lost souls.
I'll purify the shed blood.
How?
I'll join the MILITARY.
©Zulyaitahmid2019
This is really great...
ReplyDeleteBeing a hero is my determination I had rather remain immortal Dan die without being a hero💪💪💪
Nice.. Thanks!
Delete